Telephone us on 020 8805 7799020 8805 7799
or 0844 620 1000

Motor Trade Insurance

Fill out this short form and we will get back to you the next working day to disuss your motor trade insurance requirements.

Alternatively, use our insurance renewal reminder service and we will contact you when your trade insurance is due for renewal.

tick  £20,000 Indemnity as standard tick  Free demo cover
tick  Fully comp on motorbikes tick  Fully comp on American cars
tick  Japanese hi performance imports tick  Unlimited FREE green card cover
tick  Spouse goes free tick  Specialist traders welcome
tick  Up to 67.5% discount tick  No claims protection
tick  Monthly premiums tick  Part time insurance
tick  Immediate cover tick  Claims & convictions
tick  Full claims service tick  Young drivers (22 years +)


First name
Start date Calendar date picker
Mobile number
Daytime telephone
House number

By filling out this form you agree to our terms and conditions.


Great Value Motor Trade Insurance

Get your insurance cover from Unicom Insurance and your business will be free to operate on a national scale, fully protected by a regulated UK provider.

  1. Quick and easy quote
  2. Flexible payment routes
  3. Multi-vehicle & driver protection
  4. Dedicated insurance advisor
  5. Protected no claims

We can protect you with our comprehensive cover which has been fine-tuned over the last 20 years to apply to every type of motor trading business.

Plus, at Unicom Insurance we welcome our clients to have some input on the design of their policy - so you get a customised package that safeguards you, your business and its employees with the protection features chosen specifically by you.

Insurance for your Motor Trade Road Risk

To drive any vehicle on public UK roads, you legally need road risks insurance. Even test-driving a customer vehicle over 100 yards obliges you to have a policy in place. It's our job at Unicom Insurance to make sure you get the most out of your legally-required protection.

As a motor trader, this insurance will cover you and your employees to drive all business-related automobiles. This includes customer cars and even any personal vehicles you state on the policy.

Benefits of our Road Risk Insurance

Unicom Insurance can arrange an extensive motor trade package and get the best quote for you within one working day:

  1. Lowest possible quote
  2. One policy for all drivers and vehicles
  3. Personal cars included (optional)

If you want to enhance your protection bundle, you can opt for a combined policy and include features such as buildings insurance under the same cover.

Specialist Motor Trade Policies to Cover:

  1. Full/part-time dealerships
  2. Couriers
  3. Mechanics
  4. Valet services
  5. Tyre centres

.and many more.

Frequently asked questions

Q. Who would require a motor trade insurance policy?
A.A person or company that operates a motor trade business on a full time or part time basis.

Q. Do I qualify for a policy?
A. If you are operating or looking to commence a business on a full time or part time basis for profit then you would.

Q. Will this policy provide me with cover to drive someone else's car with their permission?
A. It will but only if the vehicle is in your custody or control. Some insurers restrict certain types of vehicles to third party only cover, motor trade use only or exclude them altogether. The benefits, restrictions and exclusions will be pointed out by our trained sales advisors.

Q. Where are the vehicles covered?
A. It provides cover for loss or damage (If cover is included) on a road or parked during the course of a journey and at the home address of the policy holder or business partner. Most insurers exclude cover on or within a 400 metre or 1 kilometre radius of any separate premises.

Q. Can you cover my vehicles at my business address?
A. Yes, however there are a number of factors involved. Some insurers we deal with can extend the motor trade policy to include stock of vehicles for fire theft cover at the premises. If you wanted more cover than fire theft we can quote you for a combined policy that can also include contents and liabilities.

Q. Can you also cover me to drive in connection with another business that is not related to the motor trade?
A. Dependent on the occupation we can extend the policy to include other business use. Please advise us at quote stage and we will take this in to account when selecting what insurance policy suites your circumstances.

Q. How much does it cost?
A. Complete and send back the info above and we can contact you and let you know.

Q. What occupations can you cover?
A. Almost anything - Mechanics, used car dealers, valeters, motor traders, body repairs, recovery agents, breakers, collection and delivery agents, car importers, salvage dealers, and many more.

Q. Will Unicom give me good service?
A. At Unicom we are committed to excellent service and delivering comprehensive, bespoke policies. We have been established since 1992 so we must be doing something right.

Q. Do you offer payment terms?
A. Yes, we offer a wide range of payment options to suit everyone.

Back to top of page

With Unicom you can also...

Use our Insurance Renewal Reminder Service
Get help with claiming on your insurance policy
Update the Motor Insurance Database
Download important documents and information

Unicom News

Stay ahead with the latest Trade Insurance news from Unicom