Voted Motor Trade Insurance Provider
of the Year 2017 & 2019 by the public
Motor Trade Insurance Provider Of The Year!


Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update – 30/01/2021News Update: Unicom's offices closed on Saturdays Get a quote

Motor Trade Insurance News

How to apply for motor trade plates

If you work in the motor trade, you can apply for trade licence plates, more commonly referred to as simply trade plates. A trade plate is a temporary registration plate which can be used on a vehicle while you are driving it for business purposes.

Are trade plates covered by insurance?

What are Trade Plates? Trade licence plates are used by the motor trade, including dealers of new and used cars, manufacturers, testers, body shops, mechanics, accessory fitters, valets and hire companies. They can be used by all eligible individuals and businesses, whether they operate full time or part time.

Cloned Number Plates on the Rise!

The number of complaints continue to increase in relation to cloned vehicle registration plates. It has recently been reported that over 1,100 motorists contacted the DVLA in just a single month during 2020 to report that their vehicle had been linked to an offence they did not commit.

Green Number Plates for the UK?

Green registration plates are already clearly visible on the roads in other countries like Norway and Canada, they’re fitted to clean electric and hydrogen vehicles. Environmentally friendly low emission cars, vans and taxis in the UK could also soon be fixing the ‘green number plate’ after the government launched a public consultation on the idea. […]

Trade and Number Plate Fines

There are certain rules that apply to vehicle registration plates for cars and commercial vehicles, and failure to comply can lead to heavy fines of up to £1,000. Any motorist who drives with a dirty number or trade plate, where the registration is not clearly visible is liable to be stopped and fined by the […]

What are Q plates?

Just as a fingerprint is a unique identifier to any one person, a registration plate is a unique identifier for a single vehicle. Without performing a full search on a vehicle registration (maybe to find the tax rate or MOT history), a simple glance at a new or used car registration plate can provide you […]

Older posts >>