Voted Motor Trade Insurance Provider
of the Year 2017 & 2019 by the public
Motor Trade Insurance Provider Of The Year!


Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update – 30/01/2021News Update: Unicom's offices closed on Saturdays Get a quote

Does Motor Trade Road Risks Insurance Allow you to Drive a car you do not own?

I need to drive a car that isn’t mine – can I do this under Road Risks Insurance?

There are several different scenarios you will encounter within the motor trade industry, but one case that is more likely to arise than others is having customer vehicles within your custody or control. With a motor trade road risks policy, you can guarantee cover to make sure you meet the minimum insurance requirements needed should this happen to you – with this policy also covering any vehicles in your ownership.

What does road risks insurance entail?

Essentially, this permits you to drive either your own or your customer’s vehicles all under one policy – covering the aspects as detailed below:

  • Named drivers
  • Owned vehicles
  • Customer’s vehicles (whilst in your care)
  • Trade vehicles.

IMPORTANT: If you have business premises then road risks will automatically make up part of your motor trade combined package.

What else should I know?

  • The only people who need to drive are those named on the Certificate of Insurance
  • The policy only offers coverage to vehicles in your ownership as well as those in your custody and control for motor trade usage
  • Coverage will not be provided to customer vehicles not used for the purpose of the motor trade
  • Recognising the types of vehicles, as particular vehicles may not be covered.
Get a quote on your Motor Trade Insurance

Looking for a motor trade insurance quote?

If you are looking for a quote on a motor trade insurance policy, you could save up to 67.5% with Unicom. Click here to get a quote that could save you £££’s

Quite simply, road risks insurance is defined by covering any vehicles whilst out on the road. Though some companies may dispute the definition due to the whereabouts of the vehicle, in most instances the insurer will exclude cover depending on whether you are the owner or hold responsibility for the trade premises the vehicle is situated at.

What else do I get with Road Risks Insurance?

When you join Unicom, we ensure you’re covered to the highest degree. We can provide you with a comprehensive road risks package as well as deliver a quote to you within one working day.

In addition, we’ll offer you the cheapest quote available, one policy to cover all vehicles and drivers as well as throw in a personal car. Take advantage of our road risks package now by calling our team on 02039915400, and see how we can make a difference today.

Barry Sciara – Google+

Information provided by Unicom Insurance