To be eligible for a motor trader policy, you must provide proof that you operate within the motor trade industry. So, if you run a business that is related to either cars, vans or motorbikes and involves servicing or even selling vehicles, you would qualify for a motor trader policy.
What do I need to consider?
Once you’ve taken into account all your different options and are positive you require a motor trade insurance policy, then you must take note of the following:
- Vehicle Exclusions. Motor traders insurance policies may tend to disregard particular vehicle types, so ensure you check your policy in that it covers the vehicles you will be operating. A detailed list of the vehicles will be available from all insurers.
- Additional jobs. If operating as a part-time motor trader but with another occupation as your principal business.
- Coverage and benefits. Most motor trader insurance policies don’t offer the typical benefits recognised with private car insurance including courtesy vehicles or windscreen cover.
- Trading from business premises. It is important to note that a motor trade road risk insurance policy will not guarantee coverage against instances such as damage or loss to vehicles maintained at business premises.
- Values of the vehicles. Claims payments made under a motor trade insurance policy will most often be at the trade price of the vehicle(s) in question.
Get great value from Unicom Insurance
Looking for a motor trade insurance quote?
If you are looking for a quote on a motor trade insurance policy, you could save up to 67.5% with Unicom. Click here to get a quote that could save you £££’s
For an unbeatable road risks quote, speak to Unicom Insurance today – and receive full protection by a regulated UK provider:
- Easy and quick quote
- Flexible payment options
- Protection for drivers and multi-vehicle
- Road risks assistance
- Protected no claims.
Unicom Insurance guarantees the utmost protection for your needs, delivering more than 20 years of expertise to the motor trade industry – and by working closely with our customers to make sure they each have a policy designed around their specifications, we ensure maximum satisfaction as well as excellent service whatever the circumstances.
We also cover vehicles at your motor trade business premises, but if you require further coverage than standard fire and theft then we can also quote you for a motor trade combined policy – which would also include contents and liabilities.
Get a quote now by contacting Unicom Insurance on 0844 620 1000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org now.