Voted Motor Trade Insurance Provider of the Year 2017 by the public

Phone us on 020 8805 7799 020 8805 7799
or 0344 620 1000

Motor Trade Insurance Specialists - Unicom Insurance.

How do I Qualify for a Motor Trade Insurance Policy?

To be eligible for a motor trader policy, you must provide proof that you operate within the motor trade industry. So, if you run a business that is related to either cars, vans or motorbikes and involves servicing or even selling vehicles, you would qualify for a motor trader policy.
more info…

Are Spouses Covered Under Motor Trade Road Risk Insurance?

If you’ve taken out an insurance policy for a domestic vehicle as well as a motor trade insurance policy, you could be paying more than you need to. While motor trade insurance policies are usually only for those who work in the motor trade, most insurers will also allow you to add your significant other to the policy for a relatively low cost – allowing them to cancel their private insurance policy and save money.

more info…

Motor Trade Insurance for Part-Time Motor Traders

You don’t have to work full time in the motor trade industry to need a motor trade insurance policy. Some motor traders work part-time, restoring or selling vehicles as a small supplementary income or part-time business, and spend the rest of their time doing another occupation.

However, working part time as a motor trader does not mean you do not need motor trade insurance. As a general rule, if you have a turnover of six vehicles per year, you can be considered to be a part-time business that requires insurance.
more info…

Motor Trade Insurance – What are the age Requirements?

Motor Trade Insurance Policies for the Under 25s

Young drivers are often the hardest hit by insurance costs – but what happens if an under 25 year old works in the motor trade industry and needs to drive a vehicle as part of their work? Many motor traders don’t know how younger drivers affect their insurance costs so Unicom is here to tell you all you need to know.
more info…

Third Party vs. Fully Comprehensive Motor Trade Insurance – What’s the Difference?

Simply put, Third party only insurance is the minimum level of cover you can purchase and will only cover third party damage, neither you nor your customer’s vehicles will be covered.

Motor trade insurance policies cover those who work in the motor trade – buying, selling, repairing and servicing vehicles. However, motor trade businesses come in all shapes and sizes and one size does not necessarily fit all. That’s why it’s a good idea to research the different types of motor trade insurance to find the ideal policy for your business.

more info…

Limitations of a Motor Trade Insurance Policy

How Motor Trade Insurance Differs From Normal Car Insurance

If you’re new to the motor trade, one thing you should know is that a motor trade insurance policy is not the same as a normal car insurance policy.

Some people try to pass themselves off as part-time motor traders in order to get an insurance policy that allows them to drive any car. However, falsely claiming to be a motor trader will invalidate your insurance policy and leave you without adequate protection if something happens.

more info…

<< Newer posts Older posts >>

With Unicom you can also...

Use our Insurance Renewal Reminder Service
Get help with claiming on your insurance policy
Update the Motor Insurance Database
Download important documents and information

Unicom News

Stay ahead with the latest Trade Insurance news from Unicom