020 8805 7799
or 0344 620 1000

Motor Trade Insurance News

Do I Need a Licence to be a Part Time Motor Trader?

Can I get insurance if I work part time within the motor trade industry?

If you have a full time job but have an interest in working in the motor trade business on a part time basis, then let Unicom help. The first thing you should consider is which sector to get involved in: either as a private motor trader or within the public motor trader industry.
more info…

How Much Does Motor Trade Insurance Cost?

What is the average cost and what types of cover are available?

Unfortunately there is no such thing as an ‘average’ cost when it comes to motor trade insurance, as each case is completely different. From how long you’ve been in the motor trade to whether you’re in full-time employment, any of these factors can impact upon the cost of motor trade insurance.

more info…

Does Motor Trade Road Risks Insurance Allow you to Drive a car you do not own?

I need to drive a car that isn’t mine – can I do this under Road Risks Insurance?

There are several different scenarios you will encounter within the motor trade industry, but one case that is more likely to arise than others is having customer vehicles within your custody or control. With a motor trade road risks policy, you can guarantee cover to make sure you meet the minimum insurance requirements needed should this happen to you – with this policy also covering any vehicles in your ownership.
more info…

Who can Drive Motor Trade Insured Cars?

To legally drive any vehicle on the UK public highway, you are required to have road risks insurance – and even test driving a vehicle over 100 yards, it is mandatory to have a policy.

With motor trader insurance, your road risks policy will provide coverage to yourself and your workers – allowing both parties to drive business-associated vehicles only; comprising customer cars as well as any personal vehicles as detailed in the policy.
more info…

How can I get Part Time Motor Traders Insurance?

Am I eligible?

Whether you’re a part time motor trade industry worker or own your business on a part-time basis, a policy can be arranged whatever your interest – be it repairs, tyre and exhaust fitting or even car valet servicing.

From buying and selling cars to carrying out repairs during the weekends, it doesn’t matter what part time hours you work; a motor trade insurance policy provides essential coverage whatever your operations. Covering you to drive your own vehicles as well as those being tested and driven, you can also register the vehicles for the Motor Insurance Database (MID).
more info…

How do I Update my Motor Trade Vehicles to the Motor Insurance Database?

What do I need to do to amend my Motor Insurance Database record?

Once you have your motor trade insurance policy, the first thing you will be required to do is provide your insurance broker or insurer with the relevant information regarding your vehicles – applying both to your own as well as stock motors. When arranging your motor trade insurance policy ensure you ask the relevant authority (insurance broker/insurer) how exactly you wish to display your vehicle information.

more info…

<< Newer posts Older posts >>