Motor traders are professionals and part of an ever-growing industry which has long-served the British public.
Protecting traders (and the industry on a whole) is our number one priority, whether you are a one man company working part time from home or an established business with premises Unicom are able to tailor a policy for your needs, this is why we’ve developed motor trade insurance over the last two decades, to be as flexible as possible.
If you want to clear up a few things on motor trade insurance, use this simple guide which our experts have put together:
Who needs motor trade insurance exactly?
Here’s a quick list of business types that need motor trade cover:
- New & used vehicle sales from a forecourt
- New & used vehicle sales from private driveways etc
- Vehicle auctioneers
- Tyre fitters
- Valeting services
- Breakdown recovery agents
Looking for a motor trade insurance quote?
If you are looking for a quote on a motor trade insurance policy, you could save up to 67.5% with Us. Click here to get a quote that could save you £££’s on your trade insurance policy.
Some business models not listed here may still require protection; if you’re unsure whether your organisation needs professional cover just get in touch on 0344 620 1000.
What comes As Standard In A Motor Trade Insurance Policy?
The main thing you’re covered for is road risks. You and all of your employees are legally protected to drive company and customer vehicles on public roads. Beyond that, you’re package can also cover:
- Business premises
Along with road risks protection, this trio of features safeguard your entire motor trading operation for the majority of common threats. The liability feature is in place to make sure you’re fully covered if a member of the public (or even your staff) decides to sue the business.
How Customisable Can The Policy be?
One thing for all traders to remember when applying for insurance is that you are in control. It is 100% your policy and so you should be able to mould the package to fit your business perfectly. This is exactly what we help our clients to do every day.
A customised trader’s insurance policy could include things such as:
- Carriage of Vehicles cover (vehicles on the back of a trailer)
- Cover for personal vehicles
- Loss of MOT license
Again, there are many more extras you can attach to a policy, just ask a Unicom broker to include a unique feature on your package. You may want to consider these for example:
- Loss of money – whether this is cash on the business premises or on your person (or an employee’s), you’re covered day and night. You can even specify an external safe where money is kept off-premises
- Lock replacement – whether you lose a key, a lock is damaged or the security code has been exposed to threat, you can get the locks replaced through the insurance.
- EU travelling – certified travel in EU countries for all drivers named on the policy.
It is worth noting here that certain aspects can also be removed from policies, should you have no need for them. For example, you may not require any buildings insurance if you’re renting a property or running a mobile service – meaning it can be removed from the package, thus saving you money on the overall premium.
Always have a chat with your broker to confirm the features you 100% need as an auto trader.
Benefits Of Motor Trade Insurance
Acquiring insurance is not just another box ticked – you can get a lot out of a policy when it’s arranged by a professional broker:
- All named drivers can legally operate customer vehicles
- Every aspect of the business is protected under a single policy
- Everything is covered under a single quote
- Customisable policy throughout the year
As a business owner, knowing your personal Unicom broker has taken care of all your insurance needs is a real weight off your shoulders. Every driver in your business is fully insured and so you can continue to operate on a regional, national or even continental scale – safeguarded against every potential risk.