Temporary Motor Insurance
Unicom Insurance Services Limited are proud to announce the commencement of a new trading partnership which enables us to offer you temporary motor insurance! As a result of this partnership we are pleased to be able to introduce a temporary motor insurance policy available for one day, a weekend or even a month.
Details of short term cover include;
- Insure yourself on a different car
- Insure someone else on your car
- Cars or vans covered
- Comprehensive Cover
Regular Uses and Benefits of this policy:
- Arrange immediate cover to drive a new vehicle home.
- Prevent any risk to the main owners No Claims Discount
- Cover for Courtesy Cars
- Damage to the vehicle in an accident.
- Malicious damage, fire, theft and vandalism
- Cover up to £20,000,000 for damage to other people’s property
- Cover for third party injury claims
- Fees for emergency medical treatment
- Permanently fitted sound and telephone systems up to £250
Please note you will not be able to use an InsureDaily policy to release a seized or impounded vehicle.
You the proposer must;
- Be aged between 19 – 75
- Hold a current valid and full UK, EU, EEA, Swiss or Commonwealth driving licence for the past 12 months. The licence categories must allow to drive the vehicle being insured.
- Have been continuously resident in the UK, EU, EEA or Switzerland for the past 12 months. Temporary visitors from Commonwealth Countries and Ex Patriots do not have to adhere to this residency requirement.
- Have no more than 6 penalty points
- Have no prosecution or police enquiry pending.
- Have not been disqualified from driving or had your licence revoked within the past 5 years.
- Have had no more than 2 accidents, claims or losses within the past 3 years.
- Never had an insurance policy cancelled, made void or refused; or had an insurance claim repudiated or declined.
- Never been convicted or any criminal offence or have any possible prosecution pending.
- Not be unemployed or have an occupation which is connected with any of the following trades, industries or professions: Couriers, Parcel Delivery, Fast-food delivery, Entertainment or professional sports.
- Has a market value greater than £1500 and less than £45,000
- Is right-hand drive, has no more than 8 seats and is not a Horsebox, Licenced Taxi, Lorry, Minibus, Motor Caravan, Motor Home, Recovery Vehicle, Refrigerated or Tipper.
- Has not been modified or altered in any way – including wheels, suspensions, bodywork and engine. Vehicles modified to cater for a disabled driver or passenger or converted to LPG are acceptable.
- Will be used for social domestic and pleasure purposes and commuting / personal business use only.
- Will not be used to carry hazardous goods, scrap waste or be used or driven at a hazardous location or for any purpose in connection with the motor trade, carriage of goods, or passengers for hire and reward, racing, pace-making, speed testing, rallies, trials or competitions.
- Is not owned, operated by, hired or rented from any Claims, Credit Hire or Accident Management firm.
- Is not currently declared as being off road under the DVLA SORN Regulations.
- Is not being exported outside of the UK during this period of insurance cover.
If you have met all the acceptance criteria stated above and would like further information, quotation or a policy, please click on the link below
If you have any questions or would prefer to speak to someone, please call us on the numbers above or click for more contact options... CONTACT US
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check our list of frequently asked questions, your query may have already been answered. VIEW FAQ'S
Like or share this page on Facebook: